Surreally Seducted: Damn You Salvador Dalí!

One monkey promoting the ceaseless propagation of useless crap on the internets since a long time ago.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Back from the edge of time

Anyone who knows me knows that I have a really hard time taking criticism. I get really defensive, nervous, and generally act like a cornered animal. This is not a good thing. I also have problems with moderation: if someone tells me I don't do X enough, I tend to start pressing and doing X too often. If I'm doing Y too often, I overcorrect and stop doing Y. I struggle constantly to find that balance. I am a constant work in progress, though it often appears that more paint is being removed than added. I'm very slowly learning my bounds, and learning to stretch myself like a rubberband.

Speaking of stretching myself, I went running for the second time in 4 days last night. The knee seems to be holding up well. In fact, I was more concerned about slipping on the ice than anything else.