Surreally Seducted: Damn You Salvador Dalí!

One monkey promoting the ceaseless propagation of useless crap on the internets since a long time ago.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Goin' crazy

When I was in elementary school, I was worried that people would try to abduct me walking home from the bus stop. This was only the start of my neuroses. I worried about the fact that the sun would die in 5 billion years (what would happen to all the people, all the people in the graves, all the plant life?!). I was worried, after seeing Tremors, that giant worms would come through the floor and eat me (I woke up the next morning, called for TS1, and had her talk me off the ledge). After reading Jurassic Park, I was sure that dinosaurs lived in my closet.

But now, it's gotten worse. I worry that when a cars headlights disappear behind me, I've caused an accident. I create these wild scenarios in my head that keep me up, upset my stomach, and generally drive me up the wall. In short, I no longer trust my own memory.