Surreally Seducted: Damn You Salvador Dalí!

One monkey promoting the ceaseless propagation of useless crap on the internets since a long time ago.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

It's the education, stupid...

Kid's let down by their schools even though they are smarter than they were (maybe).

I don't know that I've ever said that kids today are less smart (and if I have, feel free to correct me --> I can eat my words pretty well...). I think they do things that might be less informed than others, but in general, I can't imagine they'd be dumber. But they do feel let down by the school system. I'm conflicted about this: the purpose of the school system is to educate everyone to a minimum level, but I'm concerned that this might be a limiting factor. This is just one way the school system is broken.